Sunday 1 August 2010

a car brand

1. Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz
2. Bing Crosby - In My Merry Oldsmobile
3. Gruppo Sportivo - Tokyo ('In My New Toyota It's Not Far Away')
4. Serge Gainsbourg - Ford Mustang (In French)
5. Prince - Little Red Corvette
6. Syd Barrett - Opel
7. Spider Murphy Gang - BMW
8. ZZ Top - Chevrolet
9. Bruce Springsteen - Pink Cadillac
10. The Scabs - Matchbox Car

Personal note: In this list Janis Joplin defies the idea that cars are toys for boys. The Scabs from Belgium believe they are, though. In this list I present more car songs from Europe: from Germany (Spider Murphy Gang) and the Netherlands (Gruppo Sportivo). The last one I smuggled in, I admit, because it's not really about the Toyota. But I thought, one of the largest brands in the world had to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment